- Impacted 120 young people across 5 projects.
- 100% of Learn2Live leavers re-engaged with education.
- 66% of Learn2Live pupils remained at the PRU so some will return to us next year to continue their development.
- Mentored 14 young people and 1 parent. 8 mentees finished with positive outcomes, the other mentoring was impacted by lockdown.
- Delivered 'Summer Unlocked' project, 12 young people attended cooking and writing sessions over 5 weeks. All those attended enjoyed the sessions.
- All our work was affected by lockdown, with very little delivered between middle of March and July.
We have been developing and delivering programmes that impact disaffected young people since 2006.
We believe that the success of a programme depends on two factors:
How you deliver your programme is as important as what you deliver
Relationship is central to the effectiveness of any work with children and young people
We believe it is essential to create an environment where children and young people feel safe, welcome, valued and listened to, creating the opportunity to effect them with the content of the programmes we deliver.
Two-thirds of the young people we have mentored have returned to full-time education
Future Skills Training began as a not-for profit organisation in March 2006 and became a registered charity in June 2007.
- Impacted 133 young people across 4 projects.
- 78% of Learn2Live leavers re-engaged with education
- 80% of those young people who completed mentoring achieved a positive outcome.
- Relationships at Infuse were really solidified this year allowing staff to give more individualised support.
- Battersea Lions FC played in the premier division this season and managed to finish mid table - a great success for the first season in the premier division, showcasing their hard work and commitment.
- Impacted 184 young people across 5 projects.
- 89% of those young people who completed their mentoring achieved a positive outcome.
- A successful residential on Dartmoor in partnership with 3 other local youth organisations (Providence House, Carneys, FAST). 12 young people attended and all had a great time.
- Battersea Lions FC won their league!!
- Many of our Infuse regular beneficiaries attended weekly, allowing for greater relationship building and impact.
Future Skills Training is governed by a board of trustees that meets at least 4 times per year.
"May I take this great opportunity to thank you and your staff for the excellent work you have been doing with all of the children, hang on in there!!!"